Friday, April 1, 2011

Journal week 4

the chinese were swarming our position and my m1 was frozen and useless. i quickly pulled off my glove to reach for the only weapon at my disposal, a mark 2 frag grenade. as i pulled off my mitten to better grasp the grenade it stuck to my hand so as i lobbed it towards the enemy it peiled the skin off my hand. the grenade hit a chinese soldior in the chest and exploded, killing him and takeing several others with him, yet the kept comeing. i was fritened at this point and and hoped that reinforcements would be here soon when mortar fire started to hit in front of my foxhole and i was over joyed that i was being coverd and could retreat to safety.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very intense journal entry and i could only imagine how awful seeing that grenade go off on the guys chest would be

    ReplyDelete